Thursday, August 30, 2012

Welcome Wagon.


Oooh how helpful the Welcome Wagon was!!! My first dinner in Alaska was at ‘Humpy’s’. I’ve been told that this is one of ‘the’ places to go in Anchorage. While most everyone was enjoying their last alcoholic beverage before getting to a dry community, I was enjoying a large glass of water. I also decided to go with an entre that I knew I would be able to tolerate: blackened chicken cesar salad wrap…this ended up being a little too spicy for my taste.
Over the next few days, I got to see some of Anchorage as well as get my groceries (and mail them to myself). Getting my cell phone was one of the biggest accomplishments in Alaska!! At this point in time, I’ve decided that I miss my smart phone, a lot!
On my last night with the Welcome Wagon, I was able to enjoy dinner at TGIFriday’s with everyone. I figured that my last meal out should be something enjoyable; I ended up getting a kids cheeseburger and a salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. After all the childish behaviors throughout dinner, I ended up having a ‘cup of dirt’. — chocolate pudding with Oreo crumbles, gummy worms, and whipped cream. Our waiter was so cool about our obnoxious table that we thought he should have a picture with us!

(Copied from original blog - Aug 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment