Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Village of Shish.


My town is about 600 people and everyone knows everyone! In fact, it seems that over ¾ of the tow is related to one another in some way. The people are kind and the culture is known for making crafts. People who do make the crafts have been doing it for many years. Often, they use whale, seal, and bear. I’m looking forward to doing my holiday shopping right here in my village. If you’re thinking that you’d like a village craft (earrings, statue, etc.) let me know.
My school is currently undergoing construction. I will be teaching my 4 year olds in the church basement down the road (sand road) for the first two months. My classroom here will be shared with the 3 year olds. I will have prep time in the mornings and students in the afternoons. I have yet to see this shared space. After construction is done, I should be able to return to the ECE (early childhood education) building and have my own room in there. I’ve seen this room; however, I’m not allowed to start setting it up because it might need to be taken apart when the renovations are being completed.
How’s the honey bucket situation you may ask? I think it can be most closely related to pooping in a bucket. Oh wait, that’s what it is!! The honey bucket is a bucket with a garbage bag in it and you do your business and hope that the candle burning in the bathroom is enough. Without a doubt, I can assume that you realize that I highly dislike the honey bucket. For your own reference, if you’re ever somewhere where you need to use a honey bucket, (please try to avoid this,) here’s a tip. If you’re sick, don’t puke in the honey bucket!!!! Think carefully, what might happen? No, I didn’t learn this tip from experience but I’m hoping you won’t have to either.

(Copied from original blog - Aug 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment