Thursday, August 30, 2012

Coincidence.


I started my adventure at the MSP airport. I went though baggage, security, and found my gate easily. On the plane I was thinking a lot about what I would do when I got to the Anchorage airport. How was I supposed to get to the Welcome Wagon (I will explain what this is at a later point) from the airport? As I was thinking about these things I overheard someone talking about this being his first year going to teach in BSSD too. We decided to stick together at the airport in Seattle. When we arrived there, we found our gate then headed to eat. We chatted and ate then went back to the gate for boarding. Want to take a guess as to what happened next? The gate had changed! I figured out that we needed to go to a different terminal. We took the shuttle and found the new gate with no time to spare. The two of us made it to the gate after last call; we even missed them calling our names over the loud speaker.
Needless to say, we got on the flight to Anchorage. During this flight, I was next to two people who met while working for BBSD. They gave me encouragement and advice for my upcoming adventure. Once we landed in Anchorage, we headed toward baggage claim; at this point, I still didn’t know how I was getting to the Welcome Wagon. As we walked, we ran into people with a sign saying they were there to pick up Kevin. In the end, it turned out that had I not met Kevin, I would have sat at the airport because I wasn’t on the e-mail list, so nobody knew I was going to be arriving.

(Copied from original blog - Aug 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment