Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's Like Christmas!


Today was the last day of inservice, for the week. Yes, I set my alarm to go off, no, I didn’t get up when it went off. Please, don’t be alarmed, I did wake up in time to get ready for the day, pack, eat breakfast, and be where I needed to be, on time. My breakfast today was orange juice, a double chocolate, chocolate chip muffin, greek yogurt, a slice of french toast (with PB, of course) and an apple. I know, interesting right? After breakfast, we had the birthday ceremony (which celebrated birthdays from June-October). We will celebrate other birthdays at future inservice days. After that, I went to learn more about STEPP.
I was informed that I was the only one taking the 10:25 flight back to Shish. I planned on meeting at the front at 10:00. As I was enjoying (no, really!!) the presentation, I was called to come right away because the plane was going to be early. I hurried down the hall to get my things, and then I took them out into the rain to be put in the truck. When we (the school driver and I) got to the airport, we were waiting then were informed that the plane was no longer going to be early. As I waited, I talked to ‘my driver’ and the time flew. Eventually, the plane arrived and I was on my way back to Shishmaref!
When I got home, there was nobody waiting at the airport to pick me up. I asked someone who was going back into town for a ride; he said yes. I rode back to my place while listening to little girls giggling in the back seat. When I got to my house I got my stuff out of the back of the truck and headed for my door. Please note: it was still raining at this time. I got to my door and waved goodbye to the giggling girls in the back. I realized I didn’t have my keys out so I had to dig in my duffle bag for them (remember, it’s raining). I found my keys and found the right key. Take a guess to what happened next. Think…think…think…think. Give up? I’ll tell you. My key didn’t work! I tried multiple times; as well as trying keys that I knew weren’t for the house. Eventually, I ended up at the school to get help there. I found help at the school, but of course they didn’t have keys. So, I spent the next 5-10 minutes climbing though my window. The upside to this: I can officially say I’ve broken into my own house though a window; this must be an item to check off on a bucket list somewhere.
After the adventure of getting into my own house I went to get my perishable food items that arrived the day before. I bought them home and found out that my favorite pea pods weren’t kept cold enough. They looked like squashed grapes. I was so excited to go the post office to get my package (I tracked it while in Unalkleet and knew it was there). I got my package and was also told that I had more waiting or me at the school!! YAY!!! I dropped off the package from the post office then headed right to the school for more of my stuff. I ended having so many boxes (of varying weights) that I had to take three trips to my house. When I unpacked my stuff I was happy to find my comforter, pillow, pictures, clothes, food, gifts, and so many more things that will make my room feel more like home. It was like Christmas!!!!
Now, I am enjoying my first night in Shishmaref with my comforter and blue fuzzy pillow ☺ I’m hoping that I doze off during the Big Bang Theory; Saturday Work Day is going to come too soon.

(Copied from original blog - Aug 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment