Sunday, September 2, 2012

How much is that kitten in the window?

I woke up this morning to work on more school related items; what else would I want to wake up for, right?  I got up after a long time of laying in bed and reminding myself of how much I didn't want to go to school.  Eventually, I made it to the ECE building and got right to work.  I found some books to put in our class library, found my math curriculum that I have to teach and found the behavior practice guides I will be using on a daily basis from now on. 

The math curriculum I will be using is called "Numbers Plus".  Here's what I know about it so far:  the box looks cool and the inside is organized (only because I did it).  One of my goals for tomorrow though is to get everything figured out regarding the pretty box. 

The behavior practice guides I found are laid out for me so they're much easier to understand.  I'm not suggesting that things that aren't laid out are too difficult, but sometimes, things should just be easy.  

I tried to continue working on the GOLD lesson plans I need to submit but the page I need to do this on isn't working for (or with) me.  I attempted to sign in and it said 'License Expired.  Your license is expired.  Please see a supervisor for further details.'  Really!!???!!?!?  This isn't what I wanted to see right now.  I just wanted to get my work done before Monday so I could lay in bed all day and do nothing but watch movies.  No, typically I can't do this on Mondays, but this Monday is Labor Day!!! I sure hope GOLD is working by tomorrow.  

Let's see, what else did I do today?  I watched the 'Big Bang Theory' and only have 4 episodes left of season 4 which means I'm all caught up!!! Well, kind of.  Amy (my roommate...and the one who got me into the show) only has though season 4 at this time, season 5 is being ordered via Amazon, soon!  I'm looking forward to the next season already. No, I take that back.  Rewrite...I'm getting antsy for the next season already.  Much better.  

I was at another teacher's house and we were talking about how she loves coming home to her dogs after a long day at work and it got me thinking.  No, I'm not planning on getting a dog.  I am however considering getting a kitten (or a cat about a year old).  I want to be able to come home to a kitten/cat and cuddle with it and know that it will be there.  The idea of having a cute little critter roaming my house seems so nice.  I'm looking online for a cute little guy to join the Shish community.  

I was hoping to get a critter from Nome because that's much closer, but Anchorage will do too.  A certain someone (echkemmm) decided that the kitten I want would die on the plane due to anxiety before arriving to AK, from WI.  Can that really happen?  Instead of counting on a 'kitten to die' I'm checking out Anchorage.  

I'll keep you posted on the kitten front, maybe some other stuff too.  

1 comment:

  1. You look just so perfect and natural here! Only four kids right now? I LOVE your slippers! You really get to wear these at school? Jealous!

    ReplyDelete