Friday, September 28, 2012

Procrastination Station

How's your week been?  Yes, of course I care.  You're just reading this because I'm so far away.  Maybe not even for that reason.  Maybe you're considering teaching in Alaska?  Think a lot about it!

I've been busy working on my lesson plans for the next few weeks.  I'm also working on sub plans for the first time!  So far, I think it's going to end up being about the size of a Junie B. Jones book.  My goal is to have everything done so I don't have to bring any homework/school related items with me to WI/MN.  So far, I can see that it's going to be a long haul to get a weeks worth of stuff done this early but it will be accomplished.  I just have to make sure that procrastination doesn't take over.


Working ahead isn't easy to do when you're sick either.  I've got a cold that won't go away.  My voice is no longer, unless I whisper, and my nose is driving me crazy.  Everyone that knows me knows that I can't sing to begin with, just imagine what I sound like now.  I would say that I sound like a seal about to be eaten by a bear.  Hopefully my kids are excited and ready to sing today because they're going to be laughing the whole day if I have to sing.




I think the snow is actually starting to stick.  There's not enough to go on a snow-go yet though.  The upside I'm taking note of with the snow is that the sand is no longer swishing though the air into my eyes.  The downside you may ask?  Do I really need to tell you?  It's cold and wet and not fun.

My application for Sally O'Mally was approved!!!!! I get to pick her up at 1:00 a week from today!!!  Oh my gosh, I'm so excited!! I've already ordering a few things where as I will be bringing other things back to AK with me when I return.


It's time to return to the non-procrastination state of mind.

See you soon!
<3 Lauren

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to see you when you are in the Lower 48. I am ecstatic for all of your recent successes. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete