Monday, September 24, 2012

Dear Diary

September 24, 2012

Dear Diary,
It snowed today.  Well, last night technically.  What's the difference right?  Nothing.  Nothings different here; oh wait, everything is different in Shishmaref!!!! Ice cream is most certainly not ice cream, shopping online isn't anywhere near as fun as shopping at the store.  I mean, really, online you can see your total but in the store, not finding out until the moment you're spending that much money is part of the fun.  Did I mention the weather?  Maybe that's where I started and got a little side tracked.  Back on the runway.  I agree, getting snow now is better than getting snow in July, unless you live in AU however.  But really, in the states, September 24th, is not okay!!!! 

Well, I'm learning how to drive a stick shift.  The truck belongs to the school, technically.  Anyway, my first time driving, I didn't kill it at all!!!!!! I was so proud!  Then, I drove again the next day and didn't do as well.  In my defense however, I was on hills and i've heard it's much more difficult to drive a stick on a hill.  At least I'm not killing the truck when i'm going 30mph, right?  How about the fact that I need to get used to shifting down when I want to stop instead of just stopping?  I will get used to that eventually, right?  

What does Monday mean to you?  First day of school for the week? Yes, me too.  But it also means, the evening of bright clean clothes!!!!  Wait, I take that back.  It no longer means this more me.  Now, It just means night of clean clothes!!!!  My clothes are no longer bright. Well, at least not bright white.  Mom, how many times have you shown me how to do my laundry?  How many times did I refuse to listen - 1 too many maybe?  Okay, here's what happened.  I wasn't thinking and put my red bed sheets (never been washed) in with my lights.  I think I was just out of room in the dark load.  Anyway, I now own as much pink as I would have wanted when I still wanted to be a ballerina and was called 'Twinkle Toes'.  

Yep, that's my day.  Well, if you don't include children arriving at school 20 minutes prior to school starting, children wanting to go home two minutes after they arrived, and children tearing apart their light up shoes enough that the whole bottom comes off and the electrical box hangs out. 

Hope tomorrow is better.

Love, 
I wish I was in Hawaii

2 comments:

  1. I put my dark blue sheets in the washer without thinking that I had put all of my white laundry in there the day before. Needless to say I own 2 pairs of baby blue socks, and 3 baby blue towels. Lovely. I know the online shopping feeling. Seriously, the Koreans don't let you try on clothes here (not that they would fit me anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so try the powdered Clorox (color-safe) in a bucket of water. Soak said items for a day. Rinse. Repeat. Do not dry the items; this makes the dyes adhere to the fabrics more permanently. If this fails, let me know, and we'll talk plan B.

    ReplyDelete