Monday, April 8, 2013
40 Days...and 39 Nights :)
Okay, I know you've all been asking for an update but I really don't have tons to say. I'll give you a quick lowdown on what's new.
It's getting light at about 7:20am and is getting dark about 11:40pm.
I'm still going to bed around 7:30pm every day, no joke.
I've been counting down the days until I leave for over two weeks.
I'm down to 40 days, including weekends.
I include weekends because I tend to forget that I'm counting down on the weekend and then when I do remember the days have jumped down a couple. This makes me happy.
I'm still looking for jobs in Florida for next school year.
If you didn't know I'm looking for jobs in Florida for next school year, surprise!!
I'm not returning to Shishmaref next year; however, I will miss it.
I made lots of new materials for "Six Legs or Eight" this week. - Can you guess what the topic is?
Here are some pictures of the happenings of the last few weeks.
This picture was taken during "Zoo Clues" week and we were all dancing like monkeys. The kiddos love the song 'Animal Action (2)' where they get to act like lots of different zoo animals.
1. Cut a small hole for a straw to fit through the top of the cup (one side).
2. Place the straw into the cup through the hole until it reaches the other side of the cup.
3. tape the straw in place.
4. place a paper towel square over the top of the cup so there is excess around it.
5. Place a rubber band around the cup to secure the paper towel.
6. It works best if you have the rubber band wrap around 2 times, one on top of the straw and one below.
7. Dip the cup upside down (so the paper towel gets saturated) into the bubble mix (or dawn with water combination.)
8. Turn the cup right-side up and blow into the straw.
Hint: Make sure to blow into it like if you were trying to blow out a marshmallow on fire, vs drinking juice.
When the kiddos are being great listenings/direction follows/genuinely kind people, they get a sticker to put on their caterpillar. After filling the caterpillar (10 stickers) they get to choose a prize from the treasure box. This child chose awesome glasses!
Here's more Easter baskets, Easter eggs, bunny ears, and a super excited child :)