Thursday, January 31, 2013

Stained-glass Master?

I made this!!

Hello World,
"My old friends," oh, sorry, did I just start singing in typing mode?  It's been a long couple of weeks.
I started back and the kids seemed like they had just had Halloween, not Christmas.  I know a long break can really throw kids, as well as teachers off track, but still. Now, the kids are back on track and are working hard.

I made Nemo!!!!!!!





The last two weeks we have had Jim Kaiser at the big school.  He is a professional stained-glass artist and I was thrilled to have him in Shishmaref!  I ended up falling in love with the craft and had lots of practice in the process.  I've added pictures to show what I made! :)  Hopefully, I will have the opportunity to continue to pursue this craft.

What my class made :)


The students in my class all got to cut a piece of glass and try soldering too!  It was wonderful to see how they did with that.  Here's what we ended with.

I made Nemo and the Sydney Opera House!!

I was supposed to be in Stebbins right now for inservice; many teachers dislike inservice, but I don't.  I like going to another village and seeing other people.  From Stebbins on Saturday, I was supposed to leave for Orlando.

Yes, I'm still going to Orlando!  Don't worry, that hasn't changed.  I'm getting put up at the Disney Resort and get a free ticket to Disney! :)  I will make sure to let you know how that's going as it comes.

Northern Lights window!
My new coat



Also, I have been asked what my room looks like now that I don't have such a large bed.  It doesn't look much different but I suppose it feels larger than before.  





No comments:

Post a Comment