Thursday, October 25, 2012

Inservice In Snowy Stebbins!!

Building with blocks

Inservice is going well so far.  I’ve heard about CHAMPS officially.  What is it? I don’t know what it stands for offhand.  I do know it’s an acronym and each part stands for a different aspect of classroom management.  Since my children are so little, I will be able to use MAC as my acronym.  MAC: Movement, Activity, Conversation will be on a poster in my room with pictures stating what kind of movement, and conversation we should have during each activity throughout the day.  I think I will also have a puppet in my room named Mac and he will be the one to ask talk to the children about what the MAC poster means. 

'Rainbow Writing' of the letter Aa

I’m updating the individual incentives in my room.  I have to get better with using them but making the students accountable for them should make that a bit easier. I have created little caterpillars, a head and 10 circles for the body.  Each of the circles represents a spot for a stickers.  When a child is caught being good (not every time, just random ones, or I’d be out of stickers,) or doing something above and beyond they will get a sticker.  When they get a sticker, they will put it on a spot on the caterpillar.  When the whole thing is full, they will be able to choose something from the treasure box (see previous post to see the photo.) 

Painting with apples :)
As a whole class management idea, I’m implementing the gumball machine!  I will be making an empty gumball machine and each day we go without anyone going to the ‘take a break’ chair, we will add a gumball to the machine.  When we get 10 gumballs, we will have 10 extra minutes of Learning Lab time.  Having the extra time during this activity will provide an exciting incentive for the students and cost me nothing.  I’m excited to implement these ideas but I think it will be easier to do when we’re in our new classroom. Should I start to implement them now, or wait?  Comment and let me know please. 


We observed the apple seeds!
I have more inservice tomorrow but it should be okay.  Hopefully I will get as much accomplished tomorrow as I did today.  I completed my GOLD checkpoints and got a few other things done that I needed to; I just wish I had construction paper, scissors, glue, etc to work on mini projects that I need to do.  I also wish I had my classroom.  You know which one I mean, the new one, the pretty one.  The finish date has been changed to November 15th.  That’s a Thursday; didn’t you know that off hand?  I plan on devoting my entire weekend to my classroom.  Don’t expect an update that weekend because I will be thinking, breathing, and sleeping that classroom!  I know, I doubt I will go the whole weekend without taking a break, but still.  You get the point right? 

BAT HATS!!!...Halloween is coming :)
I really appreciate knowing that people are reading this.  I have gotten a few comments on here as well as in person thanking me for updating as often as I can and telling me that they love the style. I find it easier to write this way.  Writing in research paper form is far too boring.  At least for me, Sheldon on the other hand, he’d disagree to a high extent.  Mom, did you just tell R that I referenced Big Bang?  Yes, you were right, I like that show.  I’d like to thank Amy though, sorry, not you.  I have you to thank for many more things, I’m sure you’ll be okay giving a TV show away for grabs. 

Let’s see, the kiddos are doing great, I’ve put pictures of them randomly throughout this post because I love being able to attach pictures, but I don’t have any of inservice, thank goodness.  Eventually, I will add pictures of the new things I’m implementing but not until after they have been created.  Have a great day everyone, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment